- Pottery Class Attendance: We strongly recommend that individuals interested in joining our club attend our pottery class before becoming members. This will help them determine if pottery is indeed their passion and if they enjoy our club’s atmosphere. This is not mandatory but highly recommended.
- Membership Application for Experienced Members: For experienced potters who are certain about their interest in our club, we provide a streamlined process for membership. We will send you the necessary links to apply and pay for your membership online, making the registration process efficient.
- Restrictions on Commercial Motives: Please note that our club is primarily focused on fostering a love for pottery as an art form and a hobby. While we encourage members to explore their craft, any self-serving activities or enterprises with a primary commercial motive, such as selling pottery in large quantities, operating a pottery shop, or engaging in business activities within the club, will not be accepted.
- Induction Session: Upon acceptance as a new member, you will be required to attend an induction session. The date and details of this session will be notified to you in due course. The induction session is designed to familiarize you with our club’s culture, facilities, and guidelines, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience during your membership.
- Respect and Collaboration: We value a supportive and collaborative environment within our club. All members are expected to treat each other with respect and kindness. Collaboration and sharing of knowledge and skills are strongly encouraged.
- Commitment to Learning: Our club is a place for learning and self-improvement. Members are encouraged to continuously develop their pottery skills and contribute positively to the club’s growth and community.
- Adherence to Safety Rules: It’s essential for all members to adhere to safety guidelines when using club facilities and equipment. This includes proper handling of materials, tools, and adherence to safety protocols during classes and studio time.
- Regular Participation: We encourage active participation in club activities, classes, and events. While we understand that everyone has busy schedules, regular involvement in the club’s activities helps create a vibrant and engaging community.
- Membership Fees: Members are required to pay their membership fees promptly to maintain active status and access club resources and activities. If a member has membership fee in arrears for a period of over one month, the management committee shall consider whether the member’s membership shall be terminated.
- Code of Conduct: We have a code of conduct in place to ensure that all members interact in a respectful and inclusive manner. Any violation of this code may lead to a review of membership status.
Code of Conduct
The purpose of this document is to set out the standards of behaviour expected of Redcliffe Pottery Group (RPG) Members. Membership of RPG is a privilege and not a right. All members shall be bound by this Code of Conduct.
Members have a right to:
- Be treated fairly, equitably and with respect by its Committee and other members and visitors to the Club.
- Meet and be creative in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is otherwise provided.
- Be informed and actively involved in all club events and offerings.
- Voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions to the Committee.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, regardless of their abilities, gender, religion, or cultural background.
- Treat other members and guests fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy in all actions and communications.
- Conduct themselves safely and ensure the safety of others in all activities conducted in or on behalf of the Club.
- Respect and abide by the Committee’s decisions.
- Not publish material which libels or disrespect individual members or the Club on social media or digital/written communication to any third party.
- Not discriminate or harass physically, verbally or on digital media or platforms.
- Register attendance each time they visit or work in the Club.
- Not use the Club facilities or assets for commercial practices or reward without prior approval of the Committee.
- Respect the equipment and resources of the Club.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct:
The inappropriate behaviour of any member will be investigated and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the Committee. Actions include, but may not be limited to, a reprimand, suspension of privileges or revocation of membership.