Events on and around the Peninsula
1. Australian Glass and Ceramic at QAGOMA from Saturday 14 April to Sunday 28 October 2018 at QAGOMA, Stanley Place, South Brisbane.
2. The 2018 New England Teapot Show from Friday 31 August to Friday 28 September at Art On The Corner Inc, 180 Bourke Street, Glen Innes NSW. Entry fee: $10/entry. Enties are to be delivered at the gallery by Monday 27 August. For details, emal Anita Stewart on email@example.com, or call 0421 902 759.
3. The Toowoomba Biennial Emerging Artist Award by Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery from Saturday 1 September to Sunday 28 October. Entries close 5pm Thursday 24 May. Up to $15,000 is available for acquisition. Go to www.tr.qld.gov.au for details.
4. Online masterclasses by Australian Ceramics (TACA). Registrations open now.
September Masterclass with Avital Sheffer from Monday 3 to Saturday 29 September on Handbuilding Large Forms,
October Masterclass with Pru Morrison from Monday 1 to Saturday 27 October on Terra Sigillata Bonanza.
For more details, go to www.australianceramics.com.
5. Foyer Exhibition by Melissa Prendergast from Tuesday 4 to Saturday 29 September at the Foyer, Redcliffe Art Gallery. Email Redcliffe.Gallery@moretonbay.qld.gov.au for information.
6. Flowerbones: An installation of small ceramic sculptures by Sarah Rayner from Wednesday 5 to Saturday 29 September at ONESPACE Gallery, Highgate Hill. Contact onespacegallery.com.au for more information.
7. A Street Shows Its Art by 8 local artists living in the same street from Saturday 8 September to Tuesday 16 October at Cooroy Butter Factory, 11A Maple Street, Cooroy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
8. With heart and hand: art pottery in Queensland to 1950 by The Australiana Society from Thursday 13 September to Saturday 3 November at Griffith University Art Museum, 226 Grey Street, South Bank. Guided tour by Glenn Cooke on Thursday 20 September 6pm – 7pm. Go to Australiana.email@example.com for more information.
9. SWELL Sculpture Festival from Friday 14 to Sunday 23 September at Currumbin. For details, go to www.swellsculpture.com.au. Entries close on Thursday 15 March.
10. Darling Downs Potters’ Picnic by Toowoomba Potters from Saturday 22 & Sunday 23 September 8am to 4pm at 43 Lindsay Street, Toowoomba being held during the Carnival of Flowers in Toowoomba. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
11. ArtLab X Artisan with Pru Morrison on Sunday 23 September 10am – 3pm at ArtLab at HOTA, 135 Bundall Road, Surfers Paradise. All about terra sigillata. Cost $155. Contact 07 5588 4067. Only 12 places available.
12. Workshops with Rowley Drysdale: Shaping, Making & Awakening from Saturday 29 September to Monday 1 October 10am – 4pm at Quixotica Art Space, 151 Musa Vale Road, Cooroy. Visit www.rowleydrysdaleart.com.au for more details.
13. Gold Coast Potters Association Raku Workshop: Sunday 30 September at Mudgeeraba with Shirley Battrick. $90 for non-members. Contact Shirley art email@example.com for more information.
14. Visions in Clay by Western Suburbs Clayworkers Members’ Exhibition at Richard Randall Gallery, Mt Coot‑tha Botanic Gardens from Saturday 13 to Sunday 14 October. For details go to www.wsclayworkers.org.au.
15. Port Hacking Potters Group 50th National Pottery Competition and Exhibition from Saturday 20 to Tuesday 30 October at The Broadhurst Gallery, Hazelhurst Arts Centre, Gymea, NSW. The entries close onTuesday 9 October. Visit porthackingpotters.blogspot.com.au for details.
16. Wide Bay Burnett Potters Association 43rd Annual Convention from Friday 12 to Sunday 14 October at Coronation Hall, High Street, Bundaberg. You must be a member of the Association to participate. Tutors are Stephanie Outridge Field, Robert Natoli and Valerie Willy. Contact Diane on firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
17. CAQ’s Toolkit #5 with Pru Morrison on De-mystifying Terra-Sigillata on Sunday 14 October at RQAS from 9.30am to 4pm.
18. Expressions 2018 by Shorncliffe Pottery Club from Thursday 18 to Sunday 21 October at Sandgate Town Hall. For more details, email email@example.com for information, or check out club’s whiteboard.
19. Workshops with Rowley Drysdale: Custom Glazing & Surface Techniques on Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 October 10am – 4pm at Quixotica Art Space, 151 Musa Vale Road, Cooroy. Go to rowleydrysdaleart.com.au for more information.
20. Creative Voyage Crucible by Shannon Garson and Nanna Bayer on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 October for a luxurious weekend of creativity, imagination and feasting in Maleny. Cost: $450 includes all materials, 2 lunches and dinner on Saturday night. Contact Shannon on firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Workshops with Rowley Drysdale: Best Practice Woodfiring from Wednesday 31 October to Sunday 4 November & Saturday 10 November 10am – 4pm at Quixotica Art Space, 151 Musa Vale Road, Cooroy. Visit rowleydrysdaleart.com.au for details.
22. Ceramic Conference Victoria from Friday 29 to Sunday 31 March 2019 at Yarra Valley Estate. For more details and booking, go to ceramicconferencevictoria.com.
23. Holding Space, Making Place, The 15th Australian Ceramics Triennale, in Hobart, Tasmania from 1 to 4 May 2019 with TACA Members’ Exhibition 2019. Submissions closed on Thursday 1 May 2018. For more details, go to www.australianceramicstriennale.com.au.
24. Ceramix, TACA’s exhibition 2020 from 29 May to 19 July 2020 at Manly Art Gallery & Museum, NSW. Submit your proposal by 1 March 2019. For more information, go to email@example.com; subject: CERAMIX request for information.