Events on and around the Peninsula
North Lakes Community Centre
10 The Corso
North Lakes, Queensland
Closes 15 April 2018.
Fees include morning & afternoon teas and lunches
Saturday 12 May only at a cost of $65
Sunday 13 May only at a cost of $65
Both Days – best value at a cost of $110
Saturday 12 May only at a cost of $75
Sunday 13 May only at a cost of $75
Both Days – best value at a cost of $135
Become a CAMB member for $20 extra and enjoy the benefits of full membership - newsletter, member rates for events etc.
Other events coming up
1. Burrowed Time by Laith McGregor at Caloundra Regional Gallery from Wednesday 7 March to Sunday 29 April. Visit https://gallery.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au for details.
2. Large slab-built vessels with Dianne Peach on Sunday 18 March from 9.30am to 12.30pm at RQAS, Toolkit series #2 by CAQ. More details go to www.ceramicartsqld.org.au.
3. Crossdale 4 by Jan Williams, Jane Harthoorn-Williams, Sharon Lee and Ian Clark from Saturday 10 February to Sunday 8 April at Somerset Regional Art Gallery, 29 Factory Road Toogoolawah. Visit their Facebook page for details
4. Stanthorpe Art Prize 2018 by Stanthorpe Art Gallery offering total prize money $40,000. Entries close midnight Wednesday 4 April 2018. For details, go to www.stanthorpeartprize.org.au.
5. “Clay Gulgong” at Gulgong NSW opens on Sunday 15 to Saturday 21 April . Globally recognized ceramic event. Visit www.mansfieldceramics.com for more details.
6. An exhibition by USQ Ceramics Alumni from Tuesday 17 April to Wednesday 9 May at USQ Toowoomba. For more details, contact Alexis Tacey on email@example.com.
7. Visions by Debra Decrou, Veronica Cay, David Gree, Gabi Mika-McNaughton and John Robinson at Old Redcliffe Fire Station Gallery from Wednesday 18 April to Sunday 13 May during gallery hours. Visit www.redcliffeartsociety.com.au for details.
8. Raku workshop with Kathy Valks on Saturday 21 April from 9am to 3.30pm at Buderim. Cost: $180. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Down 2 Earth by Ceramic Arts Moreton Bay on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 May at North Lakes Community Centre. For more details go to www.ceramicartsmoretonbay.org.au. Check out the poster on the whiteboard at the club. “Early Bird” discount extended until 15 March.
10. Printmaking with clay with Stephanie Outridge Field on Sunday 20 and 27 May from 9.30am to 4.30pm at Benowa Studio, Gold Coast Potters Association. Check details on www.goldcoastpotters.com.
11. Mould making workshop with Lyn Russell on Sunday 3 June from 9.30am to 3.30pm at Mudgeeraba Studio, Gold Coast Potters Association. For booking, email email@example.com, or phone 0411 643 356.
12. CAQ’s Toolkit #3 Raku Firing Day with Shirley Battrick featuring horse hair and feather techniques at BIA, 41 Grafton Street Windsor on Sunday 3 June from 9.30am to 4pm. Cost: Members $65, Non-Members $100. Visit www.ceramicartsqld.org.au.
13. Geoff Crispin at Makers Gallery, Clayfield, from Wednesday 4 to Saturday 28 July during gallery hours. Go to www.makersgalleryaustralia.com for details.
14. CAQ’s Toolkit #4 The Ian Currie Memorial Lecture with Paul Davis on Sunday 22 July at RQAS, 162 Petrie Terrace City from 9.30am to 4pm. Cost: Members $85, Non-Members $120.
15. Matthew Flinders Fine Art Prize 2018 from Friday 27 to Friday 17 August at Bribie Island Community Arts Centre. Entries close on Saturday 30 June. Fees will be $30 per artwork for members and $40 for non-members. Prizes include $5,000 for the first prize to $500 for the people’s choice award. Contact www.bribieartscentre.com.au for details.
16. 2018 Biennial North Queensland Ceramic Awards from Friday 27 July to Sunday 16 September . Application extended to Monday 30 April. Go to North Queensland Potters website https://nqpotters.com.
17. 12th Melbourne Teapot Exhibition at The Stonehouse Gallery on Thursday 2 to Friday 31 August. Entry close on Wednesday 28 February. For details email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Annual Members Exhibition & $2000 Siliceous Award by CAQ at BIA Windsor from Thursday 30 August to Tuesday 11 September. The opening night on Friday 31 August at 6pm. More details go to ceramicartsqld.org.au.
19. Ceramic Cup Competition, 2nd Australian Tea Cultural Seminar in Melbourne from Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 September. Go to www.austcs.org for details.
20. Australian Ceramics Open Studios 2018 by The Australian Ceramics Association on Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 August. EOI will be called for in April 2018. Check TACA’s website, www.australianceramics.com.
21. Swell Sculpture Festival from Friday 14 to Sunday 23 September at Currumbin. For details, go to www.swellsculpture.com.au. Entries close on Thursday 15 March.
22. CAQ’s Toolkit #5 with Pru Morrison on De-mystifying Terra-Sigillata on Sunday 14 October at RQAS from 9.30am to 4pm.
23. Ceramic Conference Victoria from Friday 29 to Sunday 31 March 2019 at Yarra Valley Estate. For more details and booking, go to ceramicconferencevictoria.com.
24. Holding Space Making Space, The Australian Ceramics Triennale Tasmania in Hobart from 1 to 4 May 2019. Submissions close on Thursday 1 March 2018. For more details, go to www.australianceramicstriennale.com.au.